Vitamin D Test
Determine your vitamin D balance conveniently at home
- Detailed results report
- Free analysis in the specialist diagnostic laboratory
- Pain-free and easy to perform
- Only takes a few minutes
- No stress from a visit to the doctor
Easy to perform thanks to the latest technology
The cerascreen tests enable analysis tests with a blood volume of only 300µg thanks to the latest technology. This procedure is performed and recommended by doctors and pharmacies. Thanks to the process optimised by cerascreen, it is now possible to perform these blood tests really easily at home, without having to arrange an appointment with the doctor or having to extract blood with a syringe.
The cerascreen vitamin D test makes it quick and easy to determine your vitamin D level. The sample extraction kit allows you to send a few drops of blood taken from your finger to our specialist laboratory, where experienced experts will undertake a professional analysis and individual evaluation. Based on the test results, our dieticians determine your personal supplement plan with vitamin D.
Vitamin D has the status of a wellbeing vitamin and supports more than 30 bodily functions. As vitamin D is primarily formed through the skin’s exposure to sunlight, however, the majority of people are not adequately supplied with vitamin D! This is exacerbated by the fact that many people’s eating habits do not promote the absorption and storage of vitamin D.
As a consequence, vitamin D concentration is not seldom below 31 nanograms per millilitre (ng/ml) in many individuals owing to their dietary habits and a lack of exposure to sunlight, and hence below the minimum concentration recommended by therapists.
Experts from the field of orthomolecular medicine, in contrast, recommend a level of 40-60 ng/ml as a target value for an optimal and preventative intake.
The personal vitamin D level should be tested several times a year.
It is now quick and easy for you to determine whether and to what extent you are lacking important amounts of vitamin D. This is especially the case in winter for many people in Central and Northern Europe.
Effects of vitamin D
- Boosts the formation of muscle fibres as well as muscle cells, while promoting calcium release in the muscles
- Strengthens bone growth as well as muscular development, thereby reducing the risk of falling and the danger of femoral neck fracture in older individuals
- Helps improve mood
- Reduces the risk of diabetes
- Reduces susceptibility to inflammation and lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and cerebral infarction
- Enhances pulmonary function along with the immune system and has a positive effect on allergies and asthma
- Reduces bone softening in small children (rickets) and adults (osteomalacia)
How the vitamin D test works
1. Blood sample taken
Using our test kit, you can extract a few drops of blood from your finger tip without any pain.
2. Sample sent to us
Send your sample to our laboratory in the enclosed return bag.
3. Detailed results report
After just a few days you will receive your results in a detailed results report.
cerascreen® is a fellow subsidiary of the company DST Diagnostic Systems & Technologies specialised in holistic diagnosis for over 10 years and based in Schwerin. The cerascreen concept is based on long-standing experience in DST human diagnosis along with the expertise and advice offered by experienced health specialists in diverse disciplines.
- EN ISO 13485 and ISO 9001
- interlaboratory test
The vitamin D test kit consists of
- several pages of illustrated instructions, explaining step by step how a blood sample is taken and how the test is performed
- activation card with test ID for registration
- disinfection cloth, swab, plaster, 2 lancets CE 0344, blood collection tube, transport tubes
- name label
- a return bag, which you can use to send your blood sample free of charge by post to our laboratory