- The chances of suffering from vitamin D deficiency are high: “Worldwide, an estimated 1 billion people have inadequate levels of vitamin D in their blood, and deficiencies can be found in all ethnicities and age groups.” (Harvard School of Public Health1-3) It is important to know your vitamin D level and supplement in accordance with your individual needs.
- Stable bones, strong muscles, mental fitness, prevention of osteoporosis, athletic performance are just a few of the attributes that link healthy vitamin D levels to countless scientific studies.
- Especially young adults, seniors and women should keep their vitamin D level in mind because they belong to a group exposed to higher risks.
- Unfortunately, vitamin D deficiency can not be "tasted" or "felt." Therefore, it is important to test your level regularly.
The cerascreen Vitamin D test is a sample submission kit for home. The test is used to determine the concentration of vitamin D and for monitoring the 25-OH vitamin D. The Vitamin D test includes free evaluation in the diagnostic laboratory and a detailed results report.
Determine your vitamin D balance conveniently at home
Quick: Only takes a few minutes
Pain-free and easy to perform at home
No stress from a visit to the doctor
Detailed results report
Phone hotline with experts
Free analysis in the specialist diagnostic laboratory within days
Effects of vitamin D
- increases formation of muscle fibers and cells and promotes calcium release in the muscle
- strengthens bone structure and musculature, also reduces the risk of falling and the risk of thigh cervicals in old age
- improves the mood
- lowers the risk of diabetes
- reduces inflammation and lowers blood pressure
- reduces the risk of heart and brain infarction
- strengthens lung function and immune system and has a positive effect on allergies and asthma
- prevents bone softening in infants (rickets) and adults (osteomalacia)
Your individual test result
One click to know everything: We present the evaluation of your cerascreen® tests in our online customer area - of course password-protected for maximum security! In your individual expert report, you will learn which substances have a negative effect on your performance and thus restrict you in everyday life.
Note: The referenced values in the report refer to adults.
Vitamin D is a year-round issue
The vitamin D concentration in many people, due to the nutritional conditions and lack of sunlight, is often under 31 nanograms per ml (ng / ml) and thus below the minimum concentration required by therapists. On the other hand, experts in orthomolecular medicine recommend a level of 40 - 60 ng / ml as the target for optimal and preventive care.
The personal vitamin D level should be tested several times a year!
Quickly and easily determine if and to what extent you lack the essential vitamin D!
The Cerascreen Vitamin D Test makes determining your vitamin D levels fast and easy. You send a few drops of blood from your finger to our specialist laboratory, where experienced specialists take care of the professional analysis and individual evaluation. Based on the test results, our nutrition experts will determine your personal vitamin D supplementation plan.
Vitamin D is generally considered a feel-good vitamin and supports more than 30 important bodily functions. But since vitamin D is primarily formed by the sun's contact on the skin, the vast majority of people are not sufficiently supplied with vitamin D! Additionally, many people have a nutritional condition that prevents them from absorbing and storing vitamin D properly.
How the vitamin D test works
1. Blood sample taken
Using our test kit, you can extract a few drops of blood from your finger tip without any pain.
2. Laboratory analysis
Send your sample to our laboratory in the enclosed return bag. Your sample will be examined in our laboratory.
3. Detailed results report
After just a few days you will receive your results in a detailed results report.
Certified laboratory and quality management
At cerascreen® , we have carefully selected trusted laboratory partners, such as DST Diagnostic Systems & Technologies, who have specialised in holistic human diagnostics for over 10 years and are located in Schwerin, Germany. The cerascreen concept is based on the long-standing experience of DST Diagnostic System & Technologies in human diagnostics along with the expertise and advice offered by experienced health specialists across various disciplines throughout Europe.
- DIN EN ISO 13485
- interlaboratory test
The vitamin D test kit consists of
- several pages of illustrated instructions, explaining step by step how a blood sample is taken and how the test is performed
- activation card with test ID for registration
- disinfection cloth, swab, plaster, 2 lancets CE 0344, blood collection tube, transport tubes
- name label
- a return bag, which you can use to send your blood sample free of charge by post to our laboratory