- "Worldwide, an estimated 1 billion people have inadequate levels of vitamin D in their blood, and deficiencies can be found in all ethnicities and age groups" (Harvard School of Public Health, 2012). It is important to know your vitamin D level and supplement according to your individual needs.
- Strong bones and muscles, mental fitness, prevention of osteoporosis and athletic performance are just a few of the attributes that are linked to healthy vitamin D levels in countless scientific studies.
Young adults, seniors, and women all especially need to keep their vitamin D level in mind because they are at higher risk.
- Unfortunately, vitamin D deficiency can not be "tasted" or "felt." Therefore, it is important to test your level regularly.
The cerascreen Vitamin D test is a sample submission kit for at-home use. The test is used to determine your blood concentration of vitamin D and to monitor the level of 25-OH vitamin D. The Vitamin D test includes free return mailing and evaluation in our diagnostics laboratory as well as a detailed results report.
Determine your vitamin D level conveniently at home
Quick: Only takes a few minutes
Pain-free and easy to perform at home
No doctor’s appointment required
Detailed results report
Phone hotline with experts
Free analysis in a specialised diagnostic laboratory within days
Effects of vitamin D
- Increases formation of muscle fibers and cells and promotes calcium release in the muscle
- Strengthens bone structure and musculature,
which reduces the risk of falling and the risk of (Deep vein thrombosis)
- Improves mood
- Lowers the risk of diabetes
- Reduces inflammation and lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack
- Supports lung function and immune system and has a positive effect on allergies and asthma
- Prevents bone softening in infants (rickets) and adults (osteomalacia)
Your personal test results
As soon as your sample has been evaluated, you will receive your individual result report via the My Cerascreen App or our secure online customer area. You can easily view the report on your smartphone or computer or print it out.
Result of laboratory analysis: Find out if your vitamin D level is in the normal range.
Individualised practical recommendations: Learn how to improve your vitamin D level.
Important health information: Read about why vitamin D is so important and how the body absorbs vitamin D.
Vitamin D is a year-round issue
Due to the nutritional conditions and lack of sunlight, the vitamin D concentration in many people, is often less than 31 nanograms per ml (ng / ml) and thus below the minimum concentration required by therapists. On the other hand, experts in orthomolecular medicine recommend a healthy level of 40 - 60 ng / ml as the target for optimal and preventive care.
The personal vitamin D level should be tested several times a year!
Quickly and easily determine if and to what extent you lack the essential vitamin D!
The Cerascreen Vitamin D Test makes determining your vitamin D levels fast and easy. You send a few drops of blood from your finger tip to our specialist laboratory, where we take care of the professional analysis and individual evaluation. Based on the test results, our nutrition experts will determine your personal vitamin D supplementation plan.
Vitamin D is generally considered a feel-good vitamin and supports more than 30 important bodily functions. But since vitamin D is primarily formed by the skin's direct exposure to sun shine, the vast majority of people are not sufficiently supplied with vitamin D! Additionally, many people have a nutritional condition that prevents them from absorbing and storing vitamin D properly.
How the vitamin D test works
1. Blood sample taken
Using our test kit, you can extract a few drops of blood from your finger tip without any pain.
2. Laboratory analysis
Send your sample to our laboratory free of charge in the enclosed return mailing envelope. Your sample will be analysed in our specialist laboratory.
3. Detailed results report
You will receive your personal results as part of a detailed results report after just a few days.
Certified laboratory and quality management
At cerascreen® , we have carefully selected trusted laboratory partners, such as DST Diagnostic Systems & Technologies, who have specialised in holistic human diagnostics for over 10 years and are located in Schwerin, Germany. The cerascreen concept is based on the long-standing experience of DST Diagnostic System & Technologies in human diagnostics along with the expertise and advice offered by experienced health specialists across various disciplines throughout Europe.
- DIN EN ISO 13485
- Independent interlaboratory test
The vitamin D test kit consists of
- Several pages of illustrated instructions, explaining step by step how a blood sample is taken and how the test is performed
- Activation card with test ID for registration
- Disinfection cloth, swab, plaster, 2 lancets CE 0344, blood collection tube, transport tubes
- Pre-addressed and pre-paid return mailing envelope, which you can use to send your blood sample back to our laboratory free of charge using Royal Mail
Regular price £19.75
Regular price £23.49
Regular price £19.75
Regular price £27.95