- ‘Worldwide, an estimated one billion people have inadequate levels of vitamin D in their blood, and deficiencies can be found in all ethnicities and age groups’ (Harvard School of Public Health, 2012). It is important to know your vitamin D level and supplement according to your individual needs.
- Strong bones and muscles, mental fitness, prevention of osteoporosis and athletic performance are just a few of the benefits that are linked to healthy vitamin D levels in countless scientific studies.
Young adults, seniors, and women all especially need to keep their vitamin D level in mind because they are at higher risk.
- Unfortunately, vitamin D deficiency can not be ‘tasted’ or ‘felt’. Therefore, it is important to test your levels regularly.
The cerascreen Vitamin D Test is a sample kit for at-home use. The test is used to determine your blood concentration of vitamin D and to monitor the level of 25-OH vitamin D. The Vitamin D Test includes a free return envelope and evaluation in our diagnostics laboratory as well as a detailed results report. Receive your results within one to two working days after sample arrival.
Determine your vitamin D level conveniently at home
Quick and only takes a few minutes
Pain-free and easy to perform at home
No doctor’s appointment required
Detailed results report
Phone hotline with experts
Free analysis in a specialised diagnostic laboratory within days
Effects of vitamin D
- Supports formation of muscle fibres and cells and promotes calcium release in the muscle
- Strengthens bone structure and musculature,
which reduces the risk of falling and the risk of (deep-vein thrombosis)
- Improves mood
- Lowers the risk of diabetes
- Reduces inflammation and lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack
- Supports lung function and immune system and has a positive effect on allergies and asthma
- Prevents bone softening in infants (rickets) and adults (osteomalacia)
Your personal test results
As soon as your sample has been evaluated, you will be able to view your individual results report in the My cerascreen® mobile app or our secure online customer area, where you can also print the report.
Result of laboratory analysis: Find out if your vitamin D levels are within the normal range.
Individualised practical recommendations: Learn how to optimise your vitamin D levels.
Important health information: Read about why vitamin D is so important and how the body absorbs vitamin D.
Free health consultation
Do you still have questions about your test results? We offer free health advice from our nutritionists by telephone — in English. During your 15-minute consultation, our nutrition expert will not only talk to you about what your results mean, but also about health in general, test-taking, and they are able to answer any questions you may have about further tests. More information can be sent to you by email upon request. To book our free health consultation, please follow the link in your results report.
Vitamin D is a year-round issue
Due to diet and lack of sunlight, vitamin D concentration in many people is often less than 31 nanograms per millilitre (ng/ml) and thus below the minimum concentration recommended by physicians. On the other hand, experts in orthomolecular medicine recommend a healthy level of between 40 and 60 nanograms per millilitre as the target for optimal and preventive care.
One should check their vitamin D level several times a year!
Quickly and easily determine if and to what extent you lack the essential vitamin D!
The Cerascreen Vitamin D Test makes determining your vitamin D levels fast and easy. You send a few drops of blood from your fingertip to our specialised laboratory, where we take care of the professional analysis and individual evaluation. Based on the test results, our nutrition experts will determine your personal vitamin D supplementation plan.
Vitamin D is generally considered a feel-good vitamin and supports more than 30 important bodily functions. But since vitamin D is primarily formed by the skin’s direct exposure to sunshine, the vast majority of people are not sufficiently supplied with vitamin D! Additionally, many people have a nutritional condition that prevents them from absorbing and storing vitamin D properly.
How the vitamin D test works
1. Take a blood sample
Using our test kit, you extract a few drops of blood from your fingertip painlessly.
2. Laboratory analysis
Send your sample to our laboratory free of charge in the enclosed return envelope. Your sample will be analysed in the specialised laboratory.
3. Detailed results report
You will receive your personal results as part of a detailed results report after just a few days.
Certified, reliable and accurate
We focus on delivering trustworthy and accurate results by working with the best accredited and certified laboratories that regularly participate in interlaboratory proficiency testing. Our goal is to always ensure a high level of quality and competency. All our partners are laboratories that provide extensive experience and are trusted as well as utilised by physicians all across Europe. Our set-up of using anonymous test IDs ensures maximum data protection and privacy.
We use the highest certification standards for quality management:
- ISO 9001
- EN ISO 13485
- Interlaboratory proficiency testing
The vitamin D test kit consists of
- Several pages of illustrated instructions, explaining step by step how a blood sample is taken and how the test is performed
- Activation card with a test ID for registration
- Disinfection cloth, swab, plaster, two lancets (CE 0344), blood collection tube, transport tubes
- Prepaid return envelope, which you can use to send your blood sample back to our laboratory free of charge using Royal Mail